Copyright ©2014 – 2022 Art in the Yard. All rights reserved.
- May 2015: The Gavin Project, Johannesburg
- May 2015: S/Art, Cape Town
- April 2015: solo exhibition at Youngblood Arts & Culture, Cape Town
- February 2015: Equus Gallery, Cavalli Estate, Cape Town
- February 2015: That Art Fair, Cape Town
- 2014: Caam Collective, Cape Town; Dorp Street Gallery, Cape Town; Equus Gallery, Cape Town; Kat van Duinen, Cape Town; Joburg Fringe, Johannesburg; Youngblood Arts & Culture, Cape Town; Luvey en Rose, Cape Town
Bold oils on a raw backdrop of wood panel; elegantfigures with a provocative, erotic edge – Kelly JohnGough’s artwork embodies a breathtaking joining ofjuxtapositions. Inspired by the human form, Kellypaints striking nudes and portraits with acomposition enriched by strong chiaroscuro,exciting areas of negative space and the naturalgrain and knots of his signature pine panel canvas. Born in South Africa, Kelly has been painting since he could walk. After studying graphic design and working in the publishing and production industry for 12 years, Kelly embraced his first love full-time in 2001. Since then, Kelly has enjoyed exhibitions at a number of prestigious galleries,hotels and boutiques across South Africa. Kelly offers ready-to-hang works as well as private commission.